3.19.2010

SALSA AT PINEAPPLE

Today I decided to check out the dance scene in London. I have been itching to get into a class here and start moving. I was a bit nervous because it has been about five months since I had been to a class. Although that may not sound like a long time to some, I have been dancing at least two to three times a week since I was two years old (which is just over 24 years). I was trained in ballet and modern, and about four or five years ago I started getting into salsa. I was excited to be back in the dance studio!

My first stop was Pineapple Dance Studios.  This studio, located one block from the Covent Garden tube station, offers nearly 40 different types of dance classes, ranging in styles from hip hip to Bollywood, ballet to salsa, commercial jazz to martial arts.  The center was started in 1979 in an old pineapple warehouse.  With over 200 classes a week, this studio has become a staple in the London dance scene. My salsa class was a lot of fun and I will for sure be coming back for more.
{photo: Julia Ferguson}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails