7.23.2010

WEEK NO. 4: FRENCH APPLE TART & PEAR AND ALMOND CREAM PUFF PASTRY SLICE WITH A LATTICE TOP

This week we made a Tarte aux Pommes (French Apple Tart) and a Jalousie aux Poires et Creme d'Amandes (Pear and Almond Cream Puff Pastry Slice with a Lattice Top).  The Apple Tart had a near fatal accident on the tube ride home from school.  It suffered some minor injuries including a broken crust in three places, but it was still as tasty as can be.  The Pear and Almond Puffy Pastry kind of rocked my world.  I wasn't expecting it to be so good, and have already eaten two slices in the past hour.  I am usually unable to eat all of what I bake, but I have a feeling all two feet of it will be eaten before I go to sleep tonight.
{photos: Julia Ferguson}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails