7.30.2010

WEEK NO. 5: MIXED FRUIT PUFF PASTRY, PALMIERS & WHITE BREAD ROLLS

This week has been busy! Despite my lack of sleep and running around between work, class, and home, I'm still enjoying school.  Yesterday we made Mixed Seasonal Fruit in a Puff Pastry Slice which I still haven't eaten, and Palmiers which I consumed at a disturbingly fast rate.  Both of these dishes came out well, and were quite pretty (if I do say so myself). Today we made bread, which didn't quite turn out as planned.  My White Bread Rolls were lovely, but the Soda Bread I made (not pictured) didn't turn out at all.  The bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and cream of tarter were in various unmarked containers.  I accidentally added a double dose of cream of tarter and no baking soda.  The result: a flat, thick, awful lump of bread that would better be used as a door stop or murder weapon than something you'd want to consume.  Oh well, at least I enjoyed the process.  Plus I still have todays rolls and yesterdays puff pastry to eat this weekend.
{photos: Julia Ferguson}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails