3.06.2011

WEEK NO. 7 + 8: BLOWN SUGAR, PASTILLAGE + BOULANGERIE

I am so busy, I can't even tell you. With exams looming over my head, I have been running around like a crazy person so apologize for so few postings this week. Last week we finished up our sugar work with blown sugar and pastillage. My blown sugar piece kind of kicked my butt. The fruit I made the week before should have been equally as challenging, but for whatever reason, was a thousand times easier for me. I guess I was just having an off day, but luckily I was able to produce two happy fish that actually looked like fish. Our second project last week was pastillage. I stupidly chose a tea pot, which was so unbelievably difficult. You see, with pastillage, it's much easier to make things with straight sides like a house or the Eiffel Tower, but I wasn't aware of this when I chose my mold. It turned out okay, but if you saw it at the start, you wouldn't have thought it would have turned out at all. This week we worked in the boulangerie. Over the course of three days, we made at at least ten different types of bread. On our final day we each made an alligator filled with sandwiches which was quite a fun project. My alligator looks like he's 80 and needs dentures but he was tasty none the less.





{photos by Julia Ferguson of Room for Dessert}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails