7.19.2010

PIERRE HERMÉ

The Macaroon.  It has become quite an obsession.  One, I have to admit, that I didn't understand.  That was until I tried a Pierre Hermé macaroon yesterday afternoon.  Oh my god.  It is like heaven melting in your mouth.  The light fluffy texture accompanied with a soft explosion of flavor is euphoric; there is simply no other way to describe it.  With dozens of flavors such as Jasmine, Apricot and Pistachio, Milk Chocolate and Coconut, Coffee, Caramel and Fleur de Sel, and my personal favorite Rose, your taste buds will be dancing with delight.  Although he only has shops in France, Tokyo and London (there's a counter at Selfridges on Bond Street), his famous macaroons are also available online, so do not fret!


{photos via The Selby and Robyn Lee}

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that they are always on my croissant tasting test list when I go to Paris - they have either won or been second. I can just remember walking into their tiny little shop and then sitting on a park bench savoring every bite. Its one of the few foods I eat slowly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails