3.10.2010

FOOTBALL IN LONDON

I love watching soccer. I decided that last night when attending an Arsenal football match against Porto, a Portuguese team. As we entered the stadium, I felt as though I had entered one of the chaotic pages of Where's Waldo? Thousands of fans adorned in red and white striped scarves rushed to find their seats for the start of the game. We got seated just as the match began. Within the first ten minutes of the game, Arsenal had already scored two goals. The crowd chanted, hollered and clapped. This explosion of emotions from the fans made me feel like I had gone back in time. I half expected to see medieval knights to come riding into the stadium on horses and fight. Arsenal won 5-0. An incredible match, that left me wanting more. I hope this is not the last football game I attend.

{photo: Julia Ferguson}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails